We are feeding the herd about 2-3 bales of hay per day. That's for 2 horses, a donkey, 4 goats and16 sheep. The hay tent was empty, so it was time to go for a re-fill. We made a trip to Dad's farm yesterday, filling a trailer with about 70 bales. The hill is steep and the road can be slippery this time of year, so we have to be cautious. The load was divided into two trailer trips pulled by the tractor, and a couple of gator loads (we managed to fit 7 bales without losing them).
The sheep were happy, and the horses were curious to see what was going on. I don't know what's up with Freckles. It looks like she's been rolling in the mud.
Another project today was putting some temporary steps out the back door. They may not be pretty, but they're functional. I hope to build something more permanent, such as a deck, in the spring when the dirt settles and the weather dries up.
We are also doing some more work on the re-purposed shed for the horses and sheep. Hopefully, tomorrow I can show you the finished product, complete with a roof.
My name is Christy Franklin.